Clever and Inexpensive Sewing Room Organizers
May 2, 2018 |
| Sewing Room
26+ Ideas to Keep Your Space Neat and Tidy!
We love when we find inexpensive solutions for sewing room organization. What’s even more fun is discovering ideas for repurposing items we wouldn’t normally think of for keeping tools and supplies neat.
An article by Karen from Sew Many Ways, found on Pickup Some Creativity, has some great ideas for using found and inexpensive items to keep your sewing space tidy.
A few of our favorite ideas are shown below.
- Hot glue a flower to a golfing tee and use it to keep a bobbin and spool of thread together.
- Use an eye bolt from the hardware store to keep track of thread when hand sewing.
- A plastic vial from the florist is perfect for pins and needles.
- Mini hair bands keep bobbins from unwinding.
- Repurpose a mug tree for scissors and rotary cutters.
- Attach two curtain hooks and a curtain rod to the side of a cutting table for freezer paper, interfacing and fusible web.
- A wooden drying rack is perfect for keeping strips in order for sewing.
You’ll find many more creative ideas in Karen’s article.
PLEASE NOTE: Quilting Digest does not sell or otherwise provide patterns directly. We showcase patterns and projects from various vendors, bloggers and other sources. Please make a note of where you access a pattern (the link in the yellow box toward the end of each Quilting Digest article). That way you can contact Support for that source if you have downloading problems or other issues. Thank you!