There are many things quilters learn the hard way, like “measure twice, cut once.” While mistakes can be frustrating, they also help us to learn. You’ll find many valuable lessons included on the list.
A few of our favorites are:
- “Don’t buy cheap fabric! You’ll watch blocks shrink right in front of your eyes while pressing.” — Judi S.
- “Don’t cut your borders until after the center is complete.” — Molly S.
- “Press material first to remove wrinkles or creases. I cut into my pattern pieces first then pressed out—found it changed the sizes of the cut pieces and had to re-cut.” — Roka R.
- “Don’t bind the quilt and then quilt the border.” — June S.
- “Buy a really good seam ripper.” — Helen M.
Take a minute to read through the list. You’re sure to find tips that will make your quilting go more smoothly. And, do you have a “learning moment” of your own you’d like to share? Please leave a comment below so we can learn from it as well.